Well it's definitely a snow day here in the Rocky Mountain Foothills, with 17 inches and still snowing about an inch an hour. Happy Thanksgiving, Jeepers!!
Recently I saw a Jeep that had a bumper sticker "Safety Third," and that really irks me, especially on days like this. If you're not focused on safety first and foremost, what's the point of even having an off-road vehicle? I mean, you do want to see tomorrow, right??
I've written about winter driving and wheeling safety many times because it's SO SO important! I won't rehash the same info again, but here's a collection of articles I've written that are related to staying safe in the snow.
There's no better time to sit back and browse the 'net than on a SNOW DAY, so enjoy! Stay warm -- and safe!
Winter driving and snow wheeling safety tips and pack lists
- Pack list for road travel in the winter months (or on mountain highways anytime)
- Off-roader's pack list for trail survival and recovery (useful anytime but especially in the snow)
- Winching basics (because snow's a good reason to winch!)
- Five winter wheeling rules (must read!)
- Pack list of 40+ vehicle recovery items (must-haves for snow wheeling)
- Eight lessons for snow wheeling (safety FIRST)
Winter trail runs
Feeling chilly after reading all these posts about snow? Warm up with a delicious recipe!
- Trail chili (wild game, or not)
by Dawn Gallegos
Dawn Gallegos is the founding editor of the Chicks On The Rocks blog. When she's not working to fund her Jeep habit she's thinking up new ways to inspire others to explore the great outdoors!