The last two weeks have been a flurry of activity with weather so nice that it appeared our 2017 camping and wheeling season would open very soon! Plans were to get out camping this weekend but in true Colorado fashion winter has returned and, yes, we are fair weather campers so we called it and spent the time on a few other tasks instead. Here’s a short rundown of what we’ve been up to, and some upcoming posts:
- Rooftop tent (RTT)! This spring we invested in some additional camping and wheeling items and THE major purchase was something we’ve wanted for quite awhile! We went with a behemoth from Odin Designs – a four person RTT with annex. This photo shows the test run – obviously not staked down yet. More photos and a video will be coming soon!
- Friends spent time working on another off-road camp trailer. It’s not quite finished yet but it’s usable!
- Our living room is starting to look like an Army Surplus store as I’ve been going through camping gear and updating our pack list. My husband had found some heavy duty Army Surplus storage chests - with the emphasis on heavy! But, we’re using them this year to store and transport our camp gear. The good thing is they can double as tables or seating at camp, and with all the clamps they’re bear-proof as well. I'll be posting an updated car camping pack list soon!
- Where’d my bumper go? Well, I’m glad you asked… but I’m not going to tell you yet! It’s getting some very special treatment that’s SUPER exciting! More deets soon.
- I’ve also got some new-to-me cut fender flares that I’m installing myself on my Jeep. I’m super excited about these also!!
- Health and wellness – hub’s Jeep was updated, and mine’s getting a full going over as well by the great folks at Northridge 4x4. There’s no reason not to ensure all your mods are functioning as they should and the start of your wheeling season is the perfect time to do so.
Are you ready to camp this season? Depending on where you live, you may already be out in the wilderness (you lucky ducks!).